Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Comments from Val Bresnihan, Independant Candidate for the Seanad, on the 2007 Election Manifesto

"I fully support the 'What Women Want from the Next Irish Government' by the National Women's Council. As I am an independent candidate standing in the Seanad Éireann election, NUI continuency, I am particularly interested in NWC's call for much greater participation by women in the decision-making process. DID YOU KNOW THAT IS 30 YEARS SINCE A WOMAN WAS ELECTED to the Seanad by NUI graduates? Surely it is time for a change? Please see how much I support the National Women's Council equality issues by visiting my web: www.valerie.bresnihan.ie. In the very near future I will be building particular connections with NWC. If you are interested to hear about how I would like to informally promote the work of NWC please email me: valerie.bresnihan@ireland.com. My web also has a list of NUI colleges should you be interested in the idea of NUI graduates bringing a woman back into the Senate!Dr Valerie Bresnihan."

No comments: